Over the last month, I’ve been intending to post about the significant increase in social dream language around earthquakes. This began slightly before the Nepal quake, and naturally jumped up after it. However, rather than quickly reverting to normal levels, the level has sustained; take a look:
People are also thinking about and searching for earthquakes more than they have since 2011, the year of the earthquake in Japan:
In the meantime, earthquakes have indeed continued. Within this past week we are absolutely seeing increased activity:
- A 4.8 struck Las Vegas on Friday
- A rare 4.2 hit near London about an hour before a 4.1 struck Napa county in California (“The timing of these two magnitude-4 events must be complete coincidence,” UC Berkeley earth and planetary scientist Roland Burgmann)
- There has also been seismic activity in the LA area this weekend
- Russia saw a 5.1 in Preobrazheniye
- Smaller quakes are hitting the East Coast of North America
- As I wrote this, Tokyo was hit by a 5.6 !
So it seems that earthquakes are rumbling in the collective unconscious right now. With solar and earth weather watchers also issuing earthquake warnings, this may be one to keep an eye on.